A list of official and community resources that will help you get started integrating Chatkit into your web or native applications.
- Homepage - Information about the company and the product
- Dashboard - Create and manage instances of Chatkit
- Documentation - Learn more about the Chatkit API
- Community Slack Invite - Get access to the pusher beta slack group
- Community Slack - People who are using Chatkit in development and production
These development kits are typically used in client facing applications. They are responsible for fetching and managing data from chat room subscriptions. Provides an interface to connect a user to the Chatkit servers and receive real time updates for received message, user presence and typing indicators etc.
- Swift - Get started with Chatkit in a native Mac or iOS app
- Android - Get started with Chatkit in a native Android app
These development kits typically accompany the client SDKs. They are responsible for creating and authenticating users as well as other admin tasks such as managing roles and permissions. You will need the private key for your instance to use these SDKs; which can be found in the dashboard.
- Node - The most comprehensive Chatkit server side SDK
- Ruby - Interact with the Chatkit API using Ruby
- Go - Golang client for Chatkit server operations
- PHP - Still under development server side implementation
Software built on top of Chatkit to demonstrate the capabilities and limitations of various features, as well as provide examples of how to integrate the SDK into your project.
- react-slack-clone - Simple react components built on top of the JS client library
- android-slack-clone - Example android app and UI written in Kotlin
Articles, videos and other resources that offer instruction on how to get started with Chatkit on numerous platforms and with various technology stacks.
- Build a slack clone - Learn how to set up a quick and easy chat app
- Building a chat app with React.js and Chatkit - A series of interactive lessons on scrimba
- Build an iOS chat app using Swift and Chatkit - A three part annotated walkthrough
- Desktop chat app with React and Electron - A start from nothing step by step tutorial
- Chat app with react native and Gifted Chat - Android and iOS apps from the same codebase
- Command-line chat app - build a CLI using Nodejs and Chatkit
- Live Chat Widget - build your own customer support style chat interface
Although Chatkit is still in beta, individuals and companies alike can't wait to get started. Here are some apps in production that exemplify certain features and use cases.
- Travamigos - a travel app which connects groups of adventurers
Some examples of developers around the world are taking Chatkit and making open source software that compliments and enhances it to suit their needs.
- pusher-chatkit-laravel - A Laravel wrapper for the Chatkit PHP SDK
- chatkit-push-helper - Integrate push notifications with Chatkit